I hit a wall. For a while I haven’t had any good recipe ideas or food inspirations and I’ve been super busy with work and getting my butt to the gym these past (almost) two months. Excuses, excuses, I know.. but I think I needed a little break after my transition back home after graduation and everything else going on in life.
I made this deeeeee-lish blueberry peach quinoa bake/cobbler/who knows what a few weeks ago but my Lightroom (photo editing program) trial was up and I hadn’t gotten around to downloading the program until the other day.
Seriously I loved this “healthier” dessert option for a cool summer night and definitely a nice fall dessert or breakfast. I only had a few peaches when I decided to make it, so if you’re more of a peach lover than a blueberry lover feel free to adjust!
- -1/2 cup dry quinoa (+1 cup water to cook)
- -3 tbsp agave
- -1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- -1 tsp vanilla
- -1/2 tsp cinnamon
- -3 peaches (~1 1/2 cups)
- -2 cups blueberries
- -1 tbsp cornstarch
- -2 tbsp agave
- -1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Cook your quinoa according to directions
- While quinoa is cooking, put peaches, blueberries, cornstarch, agave, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix to coat. Distribute evenly in a pie or baking dish
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, add in the 3 tbsp agave, coconut oil, vanilla, and cinnamon
- Add the quinoa on top of your fruit and place in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes or until the quinoa is golden brown on top.